Sunday, October 11, 2009

Happy Turkey Day

Well it has been a very good Turkey day, and once again I have the typical turkey stomach. The service this morning at CCC was very good considering what mass setting we were singing! The setting was Darke in E one of the most boring Parish church settings, however the rest of the music was pretty lush. We did 'I Looked, And Behold a White Cloud' - Healey Willan - Uber lush with a fantastic tenor recit kicks it off. We also did a Larkin motet - 'Nisi Dominus'.

There was only one thing that caught my attention that totally didn't make sense to me today. We were lead into the Creed ' Let us join together in the ancient words of the Nicene Creed'. Yet the version they do at CCC is a modern text from the Book of Alternative Services. How can these words be ancient?

I know its been a while since I have actually properly written on here but I have actually been busy. I have been doing a lot of singing and working recently. Tomorrow is actually like my first proper day off in ages. So I guess it will be time to try to organise doing a recording or at least try to organise what music to record! I am thinking 'Ombra mai fu' - Handel and a couple of Bach pieces and perhaps get a little Schubert. Call it as it goes.

The other thing to get started on is planning and photocopying music for the a capella choir I'm starting. But it has also struck me it would be great fun to start a 6 voice a capella group King's Singers style.

I have also recently discovered Eric Whitacre's blog and www.soaringleap.com. He is currently doing this cool scholarship and virtual choir project. You guys should totally check it out! I'm thinking it would be good fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment