Sunday, November 1, 2009

Durufle Requiem

HOW SWEET IT IS!!! Every time I sing the Durufle it just totally rekindles my love for music beyond belief. It is just the perfect piece of music. And when your voice is in fine form it just makes it that much better! I now look forward to a lot of singing!

Okay.... so now I am going to get a little off topic, but what in the world is happening with drivers in Ottawa? Since being home I have had to avoid endless number of stupid morons who don't signal when changing lanes, or for that matter check the blind spots! I have been cut off about ten times by people using on/off ramps on the 417/416/Bronson to undertake people! WHO in the world ever thought that was a safe way to drive!

So back to music....What to do next? I am about to get a small a capella choir started in the hopes that we might get a little Christmas Concert together or at least some high quality carolling. The OCS is moving and I have figured out bass is not my thing! The Cathedral Choir is sounding excellent. So maybe an a capella close harmony group a la Kings Singer's. Would be loads of fun and could be quite excellent. Alright lads lets try to get this started!

2 comments:

  1. About 5 years ago I was able to conduct the Duruflé at a fund raising concert, with the Edmonton Symphony and the Davis Concert Organ, plus about 150 singers in the choir. To top it off - a full house of nearly 1,900 people. It was a rush to say the least!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a soprano who might be interested. Glad to see you posting.

    ReplyDelete