Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Rep....

Today I had a day off from the day job. I work retail to support the music side of things. So with my spare time, between running around on errands, the work on repertoire begins. I have a good rep already but I really need to work on more stuff. As much as I have it is pretty limited in what I could be doing. So the work on the big stuff begins; the big Handel stuff, the Bach Oratorios and Passions, and time to dig out the Purcell too. Loads of stuff to do, but worth it. When am I going to find the time!

Last night was signs of things starting to pick up. I went by one of my old choirs and spoke to the director about singing with one of his other choirs. He said I should really sing for him, because he might be able to find me a little solo work. This is not in the bag at all but definite progress and would be a big boost for me.

I will be working away now at trying to get in with all the contacts and see what's available. The more work the better.

...this could be hard work!

2 comments:

  1. hurrah. i'm an errand ;o) after you mentioned this, I couldn't NOT come read it, could I?

    -Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once you get the rep together, and can record it - send a copy my way - I'll find you gigs!

    Also - get in touch with Dan Taylor - he's not far away from you (often teaching at University of Ottawa) and I bet he'd be eager to give you a coaching or two - especially if he saw potential.

    ReplyDelete